Georgian Laboratory Association (GeLab) - a non-profit legal entity, was established in 2013 to promote the sustainable development of laboratory infrastructure in Georgia to achieve the international recognition of the laboratories through accreditation (ISO/IEC17025 for testing and calibration laboratories, and ISO15189 for medical laboratories), and to ensure the long-term maintenance of this status. This, in turn, is one of the necessary conditions for Georgia's integration into a deep and comprehensive free trade area.
Any laboratory (testing, calibration, teaching, scientific, in-house, etc.) or organization interested in the laboratory activities in Georgia, its improvement, and promotion is eligible to become a member of the Association.
The main goals of the GeLab are:
- To create and strengthen a platform for collaboration between the interested parties;
- To provide the technical assistance (consulting, educational, etc.) to laboratories;
- To facilitate the training and development of human resources;
- To support the cooperation with partner organizations and colleagues;
- To attract grants, donors, and other financial aid.
The Association welcomes any proposals focused on improving the activities of Georgian laboratories!